Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Philosophy of Money

  • "Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money."
    (Jackie Mason)

  • "In God we trust. All others must pay cash."
    (American Saying)

  • "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
    (Woody Allen)

  • "Sex is like money; only too much is enough."
    (John Updike)

  • "If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem"
    (JP Getty)

  • "It doesn't matter if you're black or white... the only color that really matters is green."
    (Family Guy)

  • "The only way not to think about money... is to have a great deal of it."
    (Edith Wharton)

  • "If you want to know what God thinks about money, just look at the people He gives it to."
    (Old Irish saying)

  • "Be rich to yourself... and poor to your friends."
    (Juvenal)
  • "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some."
    (Benjamin Franklin)

  • "Bart, with $10000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like... love!"
    (Homer Simpson)

  • "The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any."
    (Katharine Whitehorn)

  • "Finance is the art of passing money from hand to hand until it finally disappears."
    (Robert W. Sarnoff)

  • "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    (Spike Milligan)

  • "What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money."
    (Henry Youngman)
  • Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like"
    (Will Smith)

  • "If God only gave me a clear sign... like making a large deposit in my name at a swiss bank."
    (Woody Allen)

  • "I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with"
    (Rodney Dangerfield)

  • "He who marries for love without money has good nights and sorry days."
    (Anonymous)

  • "Between work and family, I'm really not spending enough quality time with my money"
    (Anonymous)

  • "The difference between a divorce and a legal separation is that a legal separation gives a husband time to hide his money"
    (Johnny Carson)

  • "A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it"
    (Bob Hope)
  • "Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping"
    (Bo Derek)

  • "When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is"
    (Oscar Wilde)

  • "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore"
    (Yogi Berra)

  • "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
    (Robert Orben)

  • "Always borrow money from a pessimist... he doesn't expect to be paid back"
    (Anonymous)

  • "If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments."
    (Earl Wilson)

  • "Don't tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are."
    (James W. Frick)

  • "Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."
    (Jim Rohn)

No comments: